Want a little slice of Mediterranean heaven on your Thanksgiving table this year? This herby feta and yogurt dip by @yossyarefi is the perfect addition to your appetizer line-up.
Do what you need to do to make this work for you. I didn't have a scallion so I used a yellow onion. I couldn't find sumac so I used harissa. So, su(mac) me! It was still insanely delicious.
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese (about 130 grams)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons dried sumac, plus more for serving
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil, for serving
- Pita chips or crudités, for serving
- Add the yogurt, feta and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. Purée the mixture until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the parsley, mint, scallions and sumac, and pulse a few times just to combine.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving, give the dip a good stir and add salt to taste, if necessary. Top the dip with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with additional parsley, mint, scallions and sumac. Serve with pita chips or crudités. Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge for up to 3 days.