Olive Oil and Honey Roasted Carrots
We found ourselves back in Rome this week and as we strolled through the outdoor market in Campo dei Fiori on a stunning fall day I got the itch to cook some of the beautiful veggies they had on display. Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner I decided to make a side we had every year around the table, glazed carrots. Now in our house I remember brown sugar and butter being used for this side and I wanted to update it a little to my new Mediterranean lifestyle. So, I swapped out the butter for Della Pace EVOO and the brown sugar (which does not exist here) for a beautiful local honey my friend Dawn and her husband make just outside the city with their beautiful bee babies.
This recipe is simple, delicious and I'm sure will appeal to even the pickiest eaters in your house. Buon Appetito!
- Della Pace extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Wash the carrots and cut the stems down if they have them. Use as many as you need to feed your crowd. I used about a pound of them and I think that would be a good amount as a side for 4 people.
- In a bowl mix together a few tablespoons of olive oil and a few tablespoons of honey.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until soft.