This recipe is great to have on hand all year long, these onions add oomph to almost anything. A tasty, simple and healthy addition to the condiments section of your fridge!
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (or white wine)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- Slice onions into thin strips.
- Put them in a jar.
- Add all the ingredients.
- Shake it up.
- Let them sit a few hours.
- Store in fridge.
- Add to everything!
As a note: I use whatever I have on hand, last time I was out of sugar so I used honey. Just as good.